How Focused umbrella works
Why use an umbrella company? As your employer, the umbrella company gives you legal employee status and handles all the paperwork. It’s the simplest solution for most contractors, with no unexpected tax bills and because you’re employed, you still have access to statutory benefits such as a state pension and maternity pay. We will provide you with an overarching employment which may help with mortgage or loan applications. It also means you’ll have just one pension pot to manage.
Why choose Focused? Focused will help you get paid on time, every time and stay HMRC compliant, with minimum fuss. Many experienced contractors join our employment each month and wonder why they haven’t switched sooner. Below are just some of the benefits of working through Focused:
- Continuous employment – may help with mortgage or loan applications. Your pension will build up in one place.
- Statutory benefits – access to SMP and SSP.
- Online portal – Process timesheets and view payslips.
- Mobile app – Access your holiday pot, view your latest payment details or check the status of payments.
- Exceptional support– helpline for any questions, text messages confirming when you have been paid and pro-active calls throughout the year.
- Employee rewards scheme – access to personal accident insurance and exclusive offers and discounts on 1000’s of High Street brands.
- Inclusive insurance – £10m employer’s liability, £5m public liability and £5m professional indemnity insurance cover.
- Employee loyalty scheme – 3 lucky contractors each month are drawn at random to win prizes worth £100s.
- Access to our preferred Independent Financial Advisor – get help securing that mortgage, loan or other financial product with our experienced partners, Haven Global Strategies Ltd.
- Peace of mind – Fully compliant service.
- Free personal illustration – let us provide you with a personalised illustration of your expected take home pay, call us on 0161 923 0210 for more information.
You can rest assured that with Focused you are in safe hands:
- we offer a contract of employment.
- we engage with the recruitment agency / end client on your behalf.
- we invoice, chase payment and deduct tax and NI at source, keeping your affairs in order from day one.
What do I do now? It’s so easy to join us – you can sign up in just ten minutes! You can join directly using our online joining portal or speak to one of our Contractor Specialists on 0161 971 9181 who will go through what you need to do over the phone.